RELEX Group has published the official report on the major modifications and updates in all the basic versions of DBMS Linter during the 3rd quarter of 2011. Most modifications concern the interaction with various platforms, the DBMS kernel, SQL translator, various utilities and interfaces, making considerable improvements in the Linter subsystems.
For details, please see Linter Modifications List of 20.10.2011.
- Example with transactions for separate cursors added for LINCPPAPI interface.
- The LINAPI usage examples corrected for proper work on 64-bit platforms.
- Some error messages, both English and Russian, corrected.
- DevExpress provider build added.
- Default docrtf2text filter activation added for the following formats: .docx, .xlsx, .pptx, .odt, .ods, .odp.
- Distribution build for UNIX, QNX and ОС2000 improved.
- Some corrections made to eliminate problems specific for 64-bit platforms.
- Corrections made and compilation flags enhanced to prevent incorrect optimization of the gcc compiler.
DBMS Kernel and SQL Translator:
- Material view functionality implemented to fasten the performance of frequently executed queries.
- Hash strategy of predicate calculation added to fasten the performance of queries with conditions of sub-query result tables, views and non-indexed base table columns.
- Cascade deletion of views implemented to facilitate the database integrity preservation.
- LIMIT construction allowed in sub-queries (to support some of the program interface).
Improvements of Work:
- with rollback of reference integrity operations SET NULL and SET DEFAULT.
- with the kernel after restoring the database using the log.
- with parameters and return values of variable length types in stored procedures.
- with inheritance of errors in the procedure cursor by the parent channel.
- with the phrase filter for XLSX files.
- with sequences in search queries.
- with MERGE operation.
- with asynchronous replication (replication of non-numeric float- and double values, BLOB values, quick loading operations, position UPDATE and DELETE).
- Response processing optimized.
- Date processing and loading of large BLOB values corrected.
- Interface substantially corrected.
- work with –wu key corrected.
- Unification of error diagnostics after executing the main operation and after fetch record.
dbc_tcp (client network driver):
- Universal GUI considerably enhanced, statistics added.
dbs_tcp (server network driver):